Alike all others phones, Nokia Belle, Anna and Symbian allows you to use Nokia WiFi Proxy settings. As you all know Nokia Belle introduced with lots of features, but setting up proxy remains same in Symbian, Anna and Belle. To setup proxy settings, all you have to do follow the below instructions carefully.
1. Firstly, open your Nokia Menu (we are using Nokia belle on N8 as example.)
2. Then Tap on the Settings Icon.
3. In Settings Menu, click on Connectivity.
4. In Connectivity Menu, Tap on the Settings.
5. Then Tap on Network Destinations.
6. Then Click on Access Point to add New Access Point (New Wi-Fi Settings). If will automatically search the available Wi-Fi connections near to your Phone, once it shows the available connections, simply add it to Internet section.
8. Then Tap on the Access Point (we are using SHARDA as example).
9. Then your Access Point settings will be opened. There simply Tap on the Right Button.
10. Then Tap on the Advanced Settings.
11. There, you can simply add Proxy Server address (we are using 22.214.171.124 as example).
12. Then add Proxy Port Number (we are using 6588 as example).
You can use the above procedure in all Symbian version 3 and 5, Anna and Nokia Belle. You can use different proxy settings for every new Access Point you create.
- If your phone is already having access points in the Internet column then also you can apply the proxy settings. For doing this you can follow the procedure from Step #7.
- If you want to delete Access points from the Internet Section, then simply Tap on the Access Point Name, a Popup menu will appear with an option to Delete. Simply click on Delete option.
You can watch the above tutorial on following video:
Hoping the above guidelines will help you in setting up Wi-Fi proxy settings on your latest Nokia phone. We will love to hear your words about this settings through comment form below.