How to Jailbreak Nokia N8
Nokia N8 is one of the most popular smartphone from Nokia which comes with 12 Mega Pixel camera and amazing features. Here, we are going to guide you how to jailbreak Nokia N8 to install unsigned and certificate expired applications without getting any errors.
Jailbreak Nokia N8
1. Download all the required files to your computer to Jailbreak Nokia N8.
2. After downloading the required files, you have to extract the zip file on your computer. After extracting you will get installserver.exe, Norton Security.sis, Rom Patcher Plus 3.1 Lite Version.sisx and X-Plore.sisx.
3. Now, You have to copy the extracted file to your Nokia N8 using Bluetooth or Data Cable.
4.Once you have transferred the files to your phone, then open the File Manager in your phone and locate the transferred files. You will see following files:
- Norton Security.sis
- Rom Patcher Plus 3.1 Lite Version.sisx
5. Now, Tap on the Norton Security.sis file to Install it on your Phone.
6. Once Norton Security.sis is installed on your Phone, Open It. In Norton Security, Tap on the Options >Antivirus > Quarantine List.
7. Now, you will be able to see 3 files under Quarantine List. You have to Tap on the Options Button and then on “Restore All“. After Taping on the “Restore All” button, You will see a Message “Do you want to restore all entries from the Quarantine”, Tap on Yes Button to continue.
8. Now, Tap on Rom Patcher Plus 3.1 Lite Version.sisx to install it on your Phone (You can find this file in Step #1).
9. Once, Rom Patcher Plus is installed on your Nokia N8. Open it.
After Taping on both options, a green tick mark sign will appear before the “Install Server RP+” and “Open4All RP+”.
Once Tick Mark sign is appeared, Tap on the options button and select Add to Auto (you have to do the same procedure for both options i.e “Install Server RP+” and “Open4All RP+”).
Now, Tap on the Options Button > All Patches > Apply.
11. Now install X-Plore.sisx on your phone (You can find this file in Step #1).
12. Once X-Plore.sisx is installed, open it.
13. In X-Plore, Tap on the Tools > Configuration. And select “Show hidden files” and “Show system files/folder“.
14. By using the X-Plore.sisx copy installserver.exe to C:sysbin (You can find this file in Step #1).
(If you are unable to Open C:sys folder then it means you have not patched your Phone correctly in Step #10, You have to Patch your Phone again, in order to see the C:sys folder)
15. Once installserver.exe is copied to c:sysbin folder, you have to Restart your Phone to see the effect.
Now, try to install any unsigned or certificate expired application on your phone. If you are able to install unsigned application then it means you have successfully Jailbroken your Nokia N8 phone.
[*] As usual a big thanks to the Coderus for his hard work and contribution to the Nokia JailBreak community.
We are hoping the above tutorial will helps you to Jailbreak Nokia N8 to install unsigned applications and open all closed ports on your phone.