All symbian application comes with digital certificate which identifies the Developer ID and location. Nokia blocks the installation of unsigned application or apps with experied certificate. To fix this issue, we are going to guide you how to get free certificate to sign and install unsigned applications.
How to get free certificate to sign and Install unsigned apps
1. Register a new user account on OPDA (OPDA site is in Chinese and English language). You can see the below image to understand what you have to fill in the columns.
2. Once you have registered the new account, You have to Signin to your account.
3. Now, You have to Apply for New Certificate. Click here to Apply.
While Applying for New Certificate you have to Enter following details:
- Your Phone Model: On every Nokia Phone Model number is written on the front side.
- Your Phone IMEI Number: To get IMEI dial #06# from your Phone.
- Your Phone Name (Optional): Add Your Name + Your Phone Model Number. For Example we are using “Rajesh’s N8“.
4. Now, go to My Certificate page and you will be able to see that your Certificate is under processing. Means you have to wait for 24-34 Hours, until your certificate is available.
5. Once your Certificate file is ready your will be able to download it from the Operate Section (See Screenshot Below). Click on the .Cer to download it to your Computer.
6. Once you have download the .Cer file on your computer, you need to download SignSIS GUI application and install it on your computer (It will allow you to Sign any application with the .cer file).
7. After downloading SignSIS GUI application, you have to extract it on your computer. After Extracting you will get SignSIS-GUI.exe and other files.
8. Open “SignSIS-GUI.exe” to Sign any application.
9. Leave the “Profile/IMEI” blank. Under “General Settings” > “DevCert“, locate the .Cer file you have downloaded from OPDA website in Step#5.
10. Under Symbian OS Installer file > Input.six(x) > Browse and locate any unsigned App that you want to sign. Once you have located the .sis file, click on SignSIS button.
After clicking on the SignSIS button your unsigned app will be signed (You will see Successful Signed Message). Once you are done, move the final signed app to your phone to check whether your signed app is working or not.
Note: To get the Certificate file, you have to share your Phone IMEI number to 3rd party website (this is important, otherwise you would not be able to get the working certificate for your phone).