JAF flashing tool is another popular method after phoenix to flash Nokia Phones. There are lots of people who does not how to use JAF, so here we are going to guide you how to flash your phone using the JAF method.
Before Following how to use JAF method to flash Nokia device, you need to download firmware compatible for your phone.
Download Firmware for your Phone
In order to download firmware for your phone you can use Nokia Firmware Editor utility. You can download it from here, after downloading extract the files. You will get several files, in which you have to open NokiaFirmwareEditorStd.exe.
Once NokiaFirmwareEditorStd.exe is opened click on “Download Firmware” button. It will ask you to enter the product code of your phone (to know the product code, open your phone dialer and type *#0000#, there you will get the product code).
Once you have enter the product code “Nokia Firmware Editor” will start downloading the firmware files on the computer. Once firmware is downloaded you can see it in the Nokia Firmware EditorLIGHT folder.
Now, you have to move these files to
- “C:Program FilesNokiaPhoenix” (for Windows 32 bit users)
- “C:Program Files (x86)NokiaPhoenixProducts” (for Windows 64 bit users)
How to use JAF to Flash your Phone
1. Download JAF 1.98.62 Package and Extract it on your computer. After extracting you will get JAF PKEY Emulator v3.exe and JAF Setup 1.98.62.exe files.
2. Install JAF Setup 1.98.62.exe on your computer (while installing, you will get few errors, ignore or skip them).
3. Open JAF PKEY Emulator v3.exe and under the “STEP 1“, select “Random PKEY Raskal SN“. And click on “GO” button (if you are trying to run JAF PKEY Emulator v3.exe on Windows 7 then you have to set Compatibility mode to XP SP3 and Run as Administrator).
4. Once you press GO button, it will automatically open J.A.F. You will get “Error: Box driver not installed“, click on OK button to launch JAF.
5. When J.A.F is launched, click on the BB5 Tab.
6. Under Flash Settings, click on “Manual Flash“, “Dead USB” and then “use INI“.
7. After selecting “Use INI“, it will automatically open a list of Phone Model. Select your Phone from the list and click on “OK” button.
8. You will see Green Light appears under Flash Settings (MCU, PMM, CNT). Which means J.A.F is ready to flash your phone. Now, Click on “Flash” Button to start flashing.
9. Now, it will give you a warning notification “Downgrading will kill the Phone”, igonore this warning and click on “YES” button to continue flashing.
10. Now, in the status erea you will see a message “Press Power on Now“. Which means you have to switch on your phone immediately, once you have switched on your phone and J.A.F has detected your phone you will see “Searching for phone…found” message in the status of J.A.F. Flashing will be continued.
11. Normally flashing will be completed in few minutes. Once flashing is completed you will see “Done” message in the Status of J.A.F. Your phone will be restarted automatically.
12. Now, remove the cable from phone. It will now show the local mode screen, as when you start your phone for the first time.
Now, you have learned to flash your phone with any firmware. If you want to reset your phone then read Hard/Soft reset Nokia phone.
We have created this tutorial with lots of hard work for those who want to learn how to flash their phone using J.A.F method. If you find this tutorial useful then we will love to hear your valuable comments, and dont forgot to share it with your friends.