There are lots of beginners who doesnt know that Nokia phones provides an option of software update the phone using the phone itself without connecting it to the computer. Today we are going to guide you how to update your Phone using the Phone itself.
1. Open Nokia Menu and Tap on the Software Update utility.
2. Once Software Update utility is opened, it will automatically search for the available updates for your phone.
3. If there will be any updates available for your Device, it will be shown in the list. Otherwise the page will be blank, and will prompt you that your phone is upto date.
4. If any update is found for your Phone, then click on the play button to start downloading the updates on your phone.
5. Next, you will see downloading updates screen. You have to wait until your update is downloaded in your phone. Once updates is downloaded it will be installed automatically.
After installing the updates you might be asked to restart your phone. Simply switch off and on your phone to see the effect.
Alternate Method of software update of Nokia Phone
1. Open your Dialier and type *#0000#.
2. It will open Device manager. Once Device manager is opened, Tap on the Options.
3. From the Options menu Tap on the “check for updates”.
Why there is two methods of updating?
- Well, the first method is meant for updating the software provided by Nokia on your Phone. It is not related to the OEM or say Operation System of your phone (belle, anna, symbian).
- Second method is for OEM or Operating System update. So dont get confused why updates are shown in one method and not in another method.
We recommend you to use the first method, as because software updates are releases time ti time but not OEM updates. Updating your Phone software will help you to fix the bugs that occurs when a software crashes. If you are looking for Antivirus program for Nokia devices then see Best Antivirus for Nokia.